Taking Up Rowing For Fitness

My friend owns the ProRower H20 RX-850. It is a good rower, I like it. It is fairly expensive but a quality rower like the ProRower will have longevity, you will not need to buy a replacement in a year.

Yikes, are average priced rowing machines prone to short life spans and breaking down?:eek: I'm also interested in purchasing a rowing machine as I already have an exercyle and like having the option to work out at home on busy days. Perhaps I should invest in a more expensive rowing machine so that it lasts longer.

Yikes, are average priced rowing machines prone to short life spans and breaking down?:eek: I'm also interested in purchasing a rowing machine as I already have an exercyle and like having the option to work out at home on busy days. Perhaps I should invest in a more expensive rowing machine so that it lasts longer.

Buy what you can afford, obviously you shouldn't buy an expensive rower if you can't afford it. You get what you pay for in my experience, I have owned cheap rowers and they just don't 'feel' as good as a quality rower. However, I know someone who still uses one of those old-fashioned rowers from the 70's.

I happen to live in an area that boosts about it's lakes and rivers. The main river here is the Tennessee River, so the must be some rowing clubs here. I will look nto it. I am in the process of chaging my lifestyle to include more fitness activities, plus I love the water! This forum has inspired me to make some new goals, Thanks!

I am interested in beginning rowers training. I'm fifty years old and I wonder if I'm too old to begin? I'm looking for some inovative ways to get fit, I tend to get bored with indoor fitness pretty quickly! This sounds like something that could work for me. I live on the Tennessee River, which starts where I live, near Guntersville Alabama. I have heard of some rowing clubs, but also wonder about the expense.

I recently picked up rowing as an exercise and I love it. It's very cool and a nice change of pace from being in a gym doing cardio all the time. I feel like I get a good workout while getting a great view and some fresh air at the same time. I don't do it every day, but it's something that I'd like to do more often in the coming months ahead. I can't speak to what is the best or more affordable brand. I personally bought a cheap one from a family member.

Well this was one half to the equation for me, as I am sure it is for most people. It really does make it easier to have this as a motivation, though, just because it is far more enjoyable than other forms of exercise, at least in my opinion. It is a great upper body workout, and it does wonders for my back which is helpful in my quality of life in general. It is a great workout, and a fun one. Thanks for sharing.