500 meter times

trusylver

What is a good time on a concept 2 erg for a female heavyweight over 500 meters ? I am looking to improve my times but I have no idea what a good time is over this distance.

What time do you have? My best time is 5:59 but I haven't been able to beat it yet. I am considered the fastest for my team but there are some people that are faster than me.

I am not familiar with the concept of heavyweight, as I am just a high school rower. However, maybe you can expand on it and I may give you a better indication of your time?

A respectable time for 500 meters would be around the 6 minute mark. What is your personal best for this distance?

I have not tried indoor rowing. Is it as fulfilling as the water rowing? I have only tried water rowing and I'm so delighted in the experience!

You want to be hitting ~6 mins.

@Coffee: Indoor rowing on an ergo can be compared to running on a treadmill. As far a sheer performance goes you can often be better and go harder but it is less fulfilling. The reason is party due to the tedious nature of your surroundings.

You want to be hitting ~6 mins.

@Coffee: Indoor rowing on an ergo can be compared to running on a treadmill. As far a sheer performance goes you can often be better and go harder but it is less fulfilling. The reason is party due to the tedious nature of your surroundings.

I think it also depends on the erg you use. Like me, I know that you use Concept 2, but I think different erg programs have different ways of measuring time, and especially with Concept 2, you can always adjust the hardness, though I personally just flick it up to the hardest resistance.

I went for my personal best for 500 meters last night. Unfortunately I narrowly missed out on a new personal best. My time was 5.47 minutes. My personal best is 5.45, so close yet so far.

That's really good!!! Congratulations! Don't worry, the body works in cycles - sometimes you get close, sometimes you are very far from your PB, but once in a while, you beat it. :)

That's really good!!! Congratulations! Don't worry, the body works in cycles - sometimes you get close, sometimes you are very far from your PB, but once in a while, you beat it. :)

I know, a personal best is quite rare when you are an experienced rower. You can improve your fitness but we all have a limit. If there was no limit we would be rowing 500 meters in 1 minute :P

I know, a personal best is quite rare when you are an experienced rower. You can improve your fitness but we all have a limit. If there was no limit we would be rowing 500 meters in 1 minute :p

Haha... if there was no limit then your training time will be inversely proportional to your time (excuse me for posting up maths), and so the Olympics would be determined by who trained to most, and if people are crazy then they will start training very young and reach really fast speeds, like under half a minute.

Mmm interesting am new to rowing,had my water rower for about a month,I use it for days I can't get out 2 my gym,first time out I tried 10k got it done in 38+ mins but can't seem 2 beat that time,now am doing 5k in 19+ mins as my backs in bits after the 10k could this be due 2 bad form ? Thanks kev.

When I first started I became preoccupied with what is considered to be a 'good' time and competing with other people. I eventually realized there is no point comparing yourself to other people. Your ultimate competitor is yourself, so long as you are improving the time doesn't matter.