Ab Rocket vs. Jogging

I am trying to lose some belly fats in order for me to feel comfortable and perform well in rowing (although I only do rowing for leisure). I have seen Ab Rocket on Home TV Shopping and wondered if this would help me in warming up for rowing and lose the unnecessary belly fats at the same time or would jogging suffice. Any thoughts?

I'm not totally sure what the ab rocket is, I'm assuming it is a device for working your abs. This type of equipment will build and strengthen your abs but it is not the best means of reducing stomach fat. Jogging is better than the ab rocket for losing fat.

I don't know what Ab Rocket is either, but most of the time, natural exercise like jogging is always better than any equipment. This is because they do build your body up naturally, so you look natural, and secondly, you do more work jogging than let's say, on a tread mill, because your feet actually pushes you off the ground rather than the "ground" moving and pushing your feet back.

Thanks for the input, guys!

I just seen ab rocket on home TV shopping. It is an equipment designed to work on the abs. It is like helping you do the push ups in a convenient way because it is not so hard on the back.

Anyway, a friend also suggested jogging. Now I'm thinking if jogging in place works the same as jogging around the neighborhood?

I just seen ab rocket on home TV shopping. It is an equipment designed to work on the abs. It is like helping you do the push ups in a convenient way because it is not so hard on the back.

Anyway, a friend also suggested jogging. Now I'm thinking if jogging in place works the same as jogging around the neighborhood?

Jogging on the spot is not as good. Think about it, you are supposed to move forward when you job, not stay in the same position. Jogging around the neighborhood is a better option.

To be honest with you, I wouldn't waste my money on this ab rocket gadget. It is not necessary, you can train your abs without this device. Exercises like planks and core exercises are better than a machine assisted crunch.

Thanks for enlightening me, Shaun! I'll just invest my money then on running shoes rather than the ab rocket :)

I would recommend barefoot slip-ons. The slip-ons replicate the barefoot experience. Humans are supposed to run barefoot, it is how we run for millions of years. Running barefoot will force you to run properly and safely.

I would recommend barefoot slip-ons. The slip-ons replicate the barefoot experience. Humans are supposed to run barefoot, it is how we run for millions of years. Running barefoot will force you to run properly and safely.
That would be great then! I have plenty of slip-ons. I always thought that it's more effective to run with running shoes. But you have a point. Thanks for the suggestion!

That would be great then! I have plenty of slip-ons. I always thought that it's more effective to run with running shoes. But you have a point. Thanks for the suggestion!

I don't mean standard slip-ons. You need to buy specially designed slip-ons to replicate the barefoot experience. Your running technique will naturally chance when running barefoot, you will run on the balls of your feet, reducing the shock on your joints.

I don't mean standard slip-ons. You need to buy specially designed slip-ons to replicate the barefoot experience. Your running technique will naturally chance when running barefoot, you will run on the balls of your feet, reducing the shock on your joints.

LOL, pardon my innocence. Can you recommend a particular brand?

I started running barefoot and it feels great but it would be better if I have any protection for the foot when I'm running on unfamiliar areas.

LOL, pardon my innocence. Can you recommend a particular brand?

I started running barefoot and it feels great but it would be better if I have any protection for the foot when I'm running on unfamiliar areas.

Merrel are a reputable brand in the barefoot market. More and more companies are jumping on the barefoot bandwagon so there are plenty of options. I use Merrel trail glove, they are excellent.