Buying a boat

shaun

What do you think is the best option when buying a boat. Buying a second hand boat from a reputed brand or a new boat from a brand which isn't trust?

We are planning to move nearer the river next year and I am considering buying a boat but my budget is limited (around 2000 dollars).

I would go with a second hand boat from a trusted brand. Since your budget is limited, you should look from a long term perspective. Buying a bot from an established brand would ensure that you don't have to spend a lot on its upkeep. Obviously you need to inspect the boat thoroughly since you are buying a second hand boat.

I would go with a second hand boat from a trusted brand. Since your budget is limited, you should look from a long term perspective. Buying a bot from an established brand would ensure that you don't have to spend a lot on its upkeep. Obviously you need to inspect the boat thoroughly since you are buying a second hand boat.

That was my thinking. I don't want to buy from a cheap company and end up having to replace the boat in a few years time. I'm a first time buyer so I'm new to the boat market. What are the companies you would recommend?

You have a budget from around $2000, ad think it is a low budget. What is the average price for the boat that you are looking for ?
Another idea would maybe to trade for it on a website like barterskings.com and see if you can get in that way a boat? Just an idea.

I have been on websites like Gumtree, Barterkings and Ebay. There are a few boats I am watching on Ebay but I would really need to see the boat in person before buying. I don't want to make an investment without inspecting the boat.

Hi Shaun, I am looking for a boot myself (I like to get a Kayak) and I have the same "problem" that I want to see the boat before I buy it. That is why I look in my area. Have already seen a few that are interesting. Let me know when you find something, and show it here :-)

Hi Shaun, I am looking for a boot myself (I like to get a Kayak) and I have the same "problem" that I want to see the boat before I buy it. That is why I look in my area. Have already seen a few that are interesting. Let me know when you find something, and show it here :)

It is a problem when you are spending a significant amount of money. I view it as a lifetime investment, it's not something I plan to buy again in the future so I want a solid boat which will last for decades! I am traveling across the country to take a look at a boat this weekend.

I have been on websites like Gumtree, Barterskings and Ebay. There are a few boats I am watching on Ebay but I would really need to see the boat in person before buying. I don't want to make an investment without inspecting the boat.
He, thanks I did also check http://www.barterskings.com and am now talking with a guy for trading some stuff that I have (Remote Helicopter and some pocket Watches) to a nice new Kayak. Hope it works out.

There are not many products on offer at BarterKings. I have never seen a kayak on offer. I haven't had much luck with Gumtree either, there are not many people selling kayaks. eBay seems to be the best option at the moment.

Hi, when I was looking at BartersKings.com I did see a Kayak for trade, but it was already traded for something else. Sometimes you just have to be fast on website's like that. :-)I will look on Ebay as well, but most of the time it is too far away from me to check it out before I buy it.

The chances of you finding a kayak nearby are slim. You will probably have to travel if you want to buy a kayak on eBay. I traveled to Portsmouth during the weekend to have a look at a boat. It was a 3 hour drive and I decided not to buy.