Femaler rowers: Perfect attire?

What's the perfect rowing attire for female? One that is comfortable and fuss-free. Cycling shorts or pants? Racerback or shirt? What kind of foot gear is advisable? Share away :)

What's the perfect rowing attire for female? One that is comfortable and fuss-free. Cycling shorts or pants? Racerback or shirt? What kind of foot gear is advisable? Share away :)

I don't think there is a perfect attire. You should wear what you feel comfortable in. State of the art clothing technology is not necessary if you are not competing.

I'm also wondering what female rowers wear to train? I see a lot of women wearing shorts and tank tops. I'm not a fan of shorts though and would rather wear knee length lycra pants as I find them perfect running. I thought perhaps there might be a logical reason why women wear those short shorts to row that I'm not aware of? :confused:

I think that the perfect attire is just what you feel comfortable in. It is better to go with what is comfortable than what makes you look good. Would stink to be uncomfortable the entire time. Would make it hard to enjoy it.

I'm also wondering what female rowers wear to train? I see a lot of women wearing shorts and tank tops. I'm not a fan of shorts though and would rather wear knee length lycra pants as I find them perfect running. I thought perhaps there might be a logical reason why women wear those short shorts to row that I'm not aware of? :confused:

Like you, I prefer rowing with lycra, it feels comfortable. I've rowed in regular shorts before and the shorts caught on the boat from time to time, it was annoying and it adversely affected my performance. I'm not sure why women choose to wear those shorts...

There are nice options available at on line stores, from nice coloured unisuits to long tights and short tights, also rowing jackets. Proper training attire probably helps to when you're training. Can have some fun with your clothes too.