How did you start rowing?

A friend of mine who used to row in high school recently turned me onto the sport. I have no ambition to compete but I love the health benefits and intensity of the sport.

Two of my friends row for their school and they invited a few of my other buddies to come out one day and row with them. Its a lot of hard work but fun at the same time when everyone is working together and is on the same rhythm.

I haven't started rowing yet but what is getting me started is seeing teams row at a fundraising competition. Looks like it takes a lot of organization and timing. It looks very fun!

Well funnily enough a couple of years ago I was looking for a new excercising machine as my treadmill had broken and I didn't really want another treadmill and I researched online on substitutes I could use instead. After some research I came across rowing machines, looked at all the cardio benefits and the full body workout it gives and I've been hooked on it since. I've even been rowing on open water a few times as well, quite a bit harder and difficult to get used to especially keep your balance on the water but definately a better experience than the repetitive rowing machine.

I started doing it because a couple friends of mine got me into it. Ever since then, we've been going down to the lake every so often and row with each other.

I got into originally from taking the john boat on the lake with my step father. One time we were out in the lake and having battery issues, and dark was coming so I started rowing real fast when I was young, and he was gonna take over but I was stubborn of course and wanted to do it myself. Well it became a tradition after that whenever we went fishing the paddles became the primary source and the battery was now our backup.

I started doing it because a couple friends of mine got me into it. Ever since then, we've been going down to the lake every so often and row with each other.

Rowing with friends is fun. Unfortunately I only have one friend interested in rowing, the rest of my friends are not interested in rowing. You're lucky to have a nearby lake for rowing, I wish there was a rowing facility near me.

Man! I live in urban Sydney - I have to drive to get to the nearest river. :) People who live near lakes are definitely very lucky! The view there would also be very nice.