How has rowing changed your life?

shaun

Rowing has been a massive positive influence in my life. I have met new people, lost weight, improved my health and learned to work as part of a team. Rowing has helped me both mentally and physically.

How has rowing affected your life? Have you lost weight? Made new friends?

Rowing has helped me to achieve my peak fitness. Before I started rowing, I was very lazy and used to feel lethargic all day. All this changed when I joined a club and started rowing earnestly. I am fitter than ever and my lethargy and laziness has disappeared for good. I have also met some amazing people and we share the same passion towards kayaking and many other things in life.

Rowing has helped me to achieve my peak fitness. Before I started rowing, I was very lazy and used to feel lethargic all day. All this changed when I joined a club and started rowing earnestly. I am fitter than ever and my lethargy and laziness has disappeared for good. I have also met some amazing people and we share the same passion towards kayaking and many other things in life.

My Dad had a similarly life-changing experience. He was overweight, stressed and always tired at age 57. I persuaded him to start rowing and he hasn't looked back. He lost 15 kg and he says he has more energy than ever!

He, this is funny. I did only check out to find a boat online. And because of the answers here I got in contact with several people outside my little computer room. So I did start talking with them, and even if I do not have a boat myself, they invited me to come alone. And I love to be on the water. So, that was live changing for me already. I am now looking for a nice boat (Maybe new, maybe used)But it get me out of the house, and that is good ...

He, this is funny. I did only check out to find a boat online. And because of the answers here I got in contact with several people outside my little computer room. So I did start talking with them, and even if I do not have a boat myself, they invited me to come alone. And I love to be on the water. So, that was live changing for me already. I am now looking for a nice boat (Maybe new, maybe used)But it get me out of the house, and that is good ...

Rowing is very good for you both mentally and physically. Have you been invited by people online? I think that's great if you have. Talking online can be a good way to make connections in the real-world.

I'm looking for a boat too, I think I will go for a second-hand boat but I haven't decided yet, still shopping around.

So did you meet them? How did it go? I've made friends with people on rowing forums. I met my rowing partner on a forum over 4 years ago. He needed a partner in my area and we decided to meet up. I was apprehensive at first but we get on great, it's always good to have a common interest.

Yes I did meet them, and I talked with them about kayaks etc. I plan to go there again as soon as my work let me do that ... But I am really busy at this moment so it will take a while before I can do that ... But nice to hear that there are more people here who meet friends on rowing forums.

Yeah, there are lots of forums where you can arrange to meet people. I went to a rowing forum meet a few years ago, we met at an outdoor pursuit center - 17 strangers! It's strange meeting someone you 'know' but haven't actually met.

It is strange for sure, but the good thing is that you will meet people that you probably would never had meet in your "regular" live. And now you did.
Maybe an idea for this forum to setup meetings :-) Just an idea !
Do you still go to "face to face" meetings?

It is strange for sure, but the good thing is that you will meet people that you probably would never had meet in your "regular" live. And now you did.
Maybe an idea for this forum to setup meetings :) Just an idea !
Do you still go to "face to face" meetings?

We could try but I think that would be difficult because it seems we all live in different parts of the world. The forum meet I went to was for my local area, a few people traveled a few hours by car but most of us were in the same area.

The forum closed down so I haven't met any new people in the past few years but I'm still in contact with the people I met.

Well, the biggest difference it has had on my life would be the exercise benefits. I have noticed that I am way more active now, and appreciate life a lot more than I did before rowing. It has also opened me up to the true beauty of the world. All that it has to offer really has changed my views on life.

Well the first thing that immediately came to mind was that it has really helped my back problems. There was once in the beginning when I strained it pretty good, but since then my back feels so much better and stronger than it has in some time now, and I attribute that a lot to the rowing machine. Other than that, I think that it is just generally gotten me in the gym more, which is always something that I can use more of - that motivation and ability to enjoy my workout. Thanks for sharing.