How to transport a Kayak?

I have another question about when I have a new kayak, what would be the best way to transport the kayak. I see that you can get gear that can mount a kayak on the top of your car roof. But because I have a brand new car, I do not want to do that. What are other options then getting a big trailer behind your car. Or do you know a system that will NOT damage your car roof?

There are not many options for transporting your kayak. You can mount the kayak on the roof or pull it in a trailer. I would opt for the trailer option because it is easier. The price for a trailer will not be much more than a holding device for the roof.

Hi, thanks for the answer. I know that you have those two options to move a kayak, but I would like to know what the best one is. Like brand, how much it cost etc. So I was thinking to ask it here, and get some "expert" advice.
Sorry that I was not clear in that.

No problem. You obviously don't want to buy a cheap trailer (unless it is a good quality second-hand trailer) because the consequences are disastrous. What is your budget and what type of trailer do you need for your kayak?

Hi Shaun, I do not have a Kayak at this moment, so I think before I can answer your question I need to have that. But budget for both (Kayak and trailer) would be about 1000 dollar.

Well, the good quality trailers are very expensive, over 1000 dollars. Your best option might be to buy a second-hand trailer. I have used cheaper brands in the past and I wasn't very satisfied, I eventually needed to replace the trailer after a few years. Malone are a good brand to look out for.

Need to find first a good Kayak, and if I can find a second hand (or new one) I will see if they have a trailer with it as well. But I do not want to spend a lot money on it. Need to be payable. Have more bills to pay.

Need to find first a good Kayak, and if I can find a second hand (or new one) I will see if they have a trailer with it as well. But I do not want to spend a lot money on it. Need to be payable. Have more bills to pay.
Ideally you would be able to find a kayak and a trailer in part of a package deal. I've noticed there are sellers on eBay who sell the kayak and the trailer in a package. You will need to buy second hand on a limited budget.