Portugal Rowing Tour 2011

fsxss

I'm new here and I'm not sure how many people will be interested in this, but it's an event that will take place near me and I'd like to divulge it :)

Distance: 66 km
Boats: 4x
Maximum participants: 80
Registrations are open through July 8th and the event will be between August 4th and 7th!

You can find more information (in Portuguese, English, French and German) at http://www.portugalrowingtour.blogspot.com/

Post your thoughts!

I've practiced rowing in Mondego before and it was really great, I really like the landscape and the weather in there. As the afternoon comes to an end the temperature gets really nice and you can watch a nice sunset and very "rustic" landscape, you're so focused on the paradise that you won't even notice the fatigue.. :p

I've practiced rowing in Mondego before and it was really great, I really like the landscape and the weather in there. As the afternoon comes to an end the temperature gets really nice and you can watch a nice sunset and very "rustic" landscape, you're so focused on the paradise that you won't even notice the fatigue.. :p
I haven't been there, but I imagine that no amount of scenery will be able to distract me from noticing how weak my pathetic arms are :p

fsxss

I haven't been there, but I imagine that no amount of scenery will be able to distract me from noticing how weak my pathetic arms are :p
Haha, nice one ;)
Consider setting up a training routine, maybe indoors, to get you started - if you have little practice, you won't need to train that hard (maybe a couple hours a week to start?) to see some improvements. That'll probably be enough for you to forget about the arms and enjoy the scenery!

In portugal should be nice i went there last year and i loved it :)

And sorry if i didn't intoducted me, hi im moodiez and im 17 years old, i want to be apart of this community

That landscape truly looks awesome! I wish I was there instead of at home. ;)

Nice shot! That's what's good about this sport, you get to enjoy nature as you do it.

I would love to go to even watch this happen but sadly it is too far for me and I will actually be away for most of August. The view looks beautiful it must be a nice place to race!

This event sound awesome but I already have a different tour planned for this summer as well, in Canada!! If anyone is interested this website, http://adventurerowing.ca/tours , as a lot of rowing events going on all year long in Canada. I tell you the nature there is just breathtaking and the tours are usually a great way to visit the place and meet a lot of people :) I definitively recommend it if you love rowing!

Wish I could go to this event. What a gorgeous rowing spot, and it looks like the water is pretty calm there because the hills block the wind.

Portugal is a beautiful country, I have been there many times but I have never been rowing there. Good luck in the competition, I hope you enjoy it. :)