Problem starting rowng

Doogerie

So hi I am really new to the site and indeed rowing in general now as the title suggests I have a problem with finding s rowing club so that I can learn how to row. I live in Reading so the obvious choice for this was reading rowing club unfortunately they have a weighting list for there beginners causes of about 130 people I am on it now but it looks like I will not be able to try river rowing until February 2013 . This is as you can imagine very frustrating. I Have manged to get a few kayaks out at black swan lake but what really want is a club to do some river rowing with., I have tried several clubs but all have large weighting lists should I carry on looking or just weight until my time comes up with Reading is it good Idea to play around with kayaks until then as I am rather enjoying myself doing that.

So hi I am really new to the site and indeed rowing in general now as the title suggests I have a problem with finding s rowing club so that I can learn how to row. I live in Reading so the obvious choice for this was reading rowing club unfortunately they have a weighting list for there beginners causes of about 130 people I am on it now but it looks like I will not be able to try river rowing until February 2013 . This is as you can imagine very frustrating. I Have manged to get a few kayaks out at black swan lake but what really want is a club to do some river rowing with., I have tried several clubs but all have large weighting lists should I carry on looking or just weight until my time comes up with Reading is it good Idea to play around with kayaks until then as I am rather enjoying myself doing that.

I have had the same problem as you in the past. We moved to a new area and the rowing clubs were full, I was on the waiting list for 18 months, it was very frustrating.

I'm not sure what more you can do if you have explored all of your local rowing clubs, you will just have to wait in the meantime.