The Deadlift

shaun

I know this might sound strange but the deadlift has been one of the best exercises for improving my rowing. The deadlift is a total body movement, it will improve your strength and power if performed correctly.

Do you deadlift? Has it improved your rowing power?

Deadlifts are a great exercise for rowing. I also do alot of squats and I work on my biceps and triceps. Usually Ill work out three times a week and Ill work on different parts of my body each separate day of a workout. On the weekends I will do some cardio like running a couple of miles. All of these things have helped me with rowing.

Yeah, squats and deadlifts will increase your power output when rowing. I think squats (when performed correctly) are a great exercise for any sport, period. Pulling movements like rows and pull ups tie in with the rowing as well.

Yeah I do it and it has improved my rowing. The key to this exercise is to start slow and do it right. If you are not sure of the correct posture and body movements then you should take help from your trainer. Deadlift will condition your body like no other exercise and you will see the benefits for years to come.

Yeah I do it and it has improved my rowing. The key to this exercise is to start slow and do it right. If you are not sure of the correct posture and body movements then you should take help from your trainer. Deadlift will condition your body like no other exercise and you will see the benefits for years to come.

I agree, the deadlift is the best total body exercise for building strength, in my opinion. I know other people will say squats or the clean and jerk but the deadlift is my number one.

You should practice good form without weight before starting any new exercise. You need to feel the groove of the movement because every has different biomechanics.