Training frequency

shaun

When I first started using a rowing machine I became obsessed and I was on the rower every day. After 2 months I reached a state of overtraining, I felt sick and I had lots of niggling injuries. I have learned my lesson since then, I now row twice a week at high intensity.

How often do you train?

I row three times a week and luckily I havent hit the overtraining nitch yet. I did have a period where my knees started to hurt continuously so I had to take a couple of days off but Ive never had to completely stop working out. I row at high intensity for two of my three workouts during the week.

I personally take a full week off every 8-10 weeks to let the body fully recuperate from all the stresses and strains accumulated over weeks of training. The body needs a break, training indefinitely is not good for you.

You need to be very cautious with your knees, always take time off if you feel knee pain.

I never train more than 3 times a week. Usually it is 2 sessions per week but sometimes I go for 3 sessions. You definitely need your body in prime shape for rowing, it seems that you overexerted yourself and got injured in the process. I would suggest to take it easy and get your body back in good condition before resuming intense sessions. Make sure that you train under an experienced trainer, he can help you to train to your maximum limit without injuring yourself.

I never train more than 3 times a week. Usually it is 2 sessions per week but sometimes I go for 3 sessions. You definitely need your body in prime shape for rowing, it seems that you overexerted yourself and got injured in the process. I would suggest to take it easy and get your body back in good condition before resuming intense sessions. Make sure that you train under an experienced trainer, he can help you to train to your maximum limit without injuring yourself.

Overtraining is quite common on the rowing machine. I know people who train for hours every day, my friend does it and he is always complaining about niggling injuries. Repetitive strain injuries are common in long duration rowing.