Training Ideas

Stare150

Where do you go to get different training ideas from? Do you search all over the internet? or do you only stick to one exercise that you like?

Where do you go to get different training ideas from? Do you search all over the internet? or do you only stick to one exercise that you like?
I usually have a routine with the same set of exercises, but every once in a while (usually every 2 months or so) I get bored with the current routine and decide to change it.

Usually, to decide on a new routine I search the Internet, namely through Google. This way you're always keeping your training fresh and exciting and don't get bored easily, which for me is a must in every sport.

I usually have a routine with the same set of exercises, but every once in a while (usually every 2 months or so) I get bored with the current routine and decide to change it.

Usually, to decide on a new routine I search the Internet, namely through Google. This way you're always keeping your training fresh and exciting and don't get bored easily, which for me is a must in every sport.

I use exactly the same kind of training, I have the same exercises for about a month to three months and after I change it entirely. In my case, besides searching google I also like to see youtube videos with sample workouts and read on the internet how the best athletes train so I can replicate to a certain point.

I use exactly the same kind of training, I have the same exercises for about a month to three months and after I change it entirely. In my case, besides searching google I also like to see youtube videos with sample workouts and read on the internet how the best athletes train so I can replicate to a certain point.
The YouTube idea is nice, hadn't thought of that! Could you point me to some sample interesting videos please?

The YouTube idea is nice, hadn't thought of that! Could you point me to some sample interesting videos please?
Sure. I usually warm-up with something like this: (Rowing Machine Exercises for Beginners)

Here you have a variety of possible exercises: (Types of Rowing Training Exercises on a Rowing Machine)

And my favorite: the core exercise! It's more than necessary to have a strong core, you'll notice a huge difference when you're rowing on river: (Concept II Rowing Core Bar Workout)

Wow, those seem really great for beginners like me, I can't wait for tomorrow to try them out! Thanks a lot COnveio!

Wow, those seem really great for beginners like me, I can't wait for tomorrow to try them out! Thanks a lot COnveio!

Don't do all exercises! Some of them are advanced and you should wait to dominate the beginner ones first, but still, I do recommend using the core ones from the very start, as I said, a strong core is a must in this sport! Good trainig and good rowing fsxss!! :D

What COnveio said, make sure that you're comfortable with doing the "easier" excerisizes before trying to do the harder ones - and make sure you don't try anything too hard, you could get hurt.

I reckon going on a rowing machine at a gym for 6km or so is good. Just make sure you're wearing gloves, because those things tend to give blisters!

I reckon going on a rowing machine at a gym for 6km or so is good. Just make sure you're wearing gloves, because those things tend to give blisters!
Blisters? That never happened to me, what machine do you use? To quote Steve Jobs, maybe you're "holding it wrong"? lol

Strengthening your muscles and practice are the best exercises I feel for rowing. The main focus is a strong upper body that would be mainly focused on your triceps and even your chest area. Rowing takes a toll on the body and many repetitions of rowing can help improve your strength along with many weight lifting techniques. Getting out there and practicing when you can will help build muscle memory and hopefully you can get your form down with practice over time.

I learned to row from a variety of great coaches so I use those exercises now. The main ones I do are using power pieces. I row 10 on then 10 off. This can be increased as a pyramid, doing 5 on and off, then 10, then 15, then 20, and then down again.

Having trained as a fitness trainer, certified as a personal trainer and work as a sports trainer/strength and Conditioning coach most of my ideas come from the study and training I have done along with attending regular seminars to get the latest scientific info for my industry. I also get ideas from reading scientific studies published in peer reviewed journals.

My training changes depending on my specific goals

yes read the articles, watch the videos and or on tv for the tips. you also need to be physically fit. =)

I like having a core of basic exercises to rely on so I don't end up losing endurance or strength. I do get bored with routines, so every week I try to find something new that interests me to try. This includes swimming against a strong river current, doing handstand push ups and aggressive hiking to build my lung capacity.