Training Ideas

I don't usually look to the internet for training or work out methods. Unless of course we are talking about Youtube. I am pretty good with my work out regime. I sometimes refer back to articles or books for different positions. I have had this huge Muscle & Fitness magazine for like 3 years like I still use to this very day. It was a specialized ab version equip with all these neat positions to try.

I follow the programme my rowing coach has designed for me, he has 30 years experience in rowing as a competitor and as a coach so I don't question anything he tells me.

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'm searching over the internet for wonderful tips for rowing. My rower friend is kind of busy at the moment but I ask for tips for tips from him from time to time.

wow convieo those are some really great routines, I'll definitely look to try them out in the coming weeks.

I also do a body building regime and I find the back exercises i do really help me get that extra power in each stroke.

I find that Youtube has a lot of useful videos for a wide range of training excercises both in and out of the water!

I get my workout routine from a combination of the internet, magazines, friends, and personal experience. I'm constantly learning new things and altering my routine as a result. I would say the internet is the most valuable tool though, due to the sheer amount of information available at your fingertips.

I get my workout routine from a combination of the internet, magazines, friends, and personal experience. I'm constantly learning new things and altering my routine as a result. I would say the internet is the most valuable tool though, due to the sheer amount of information available at your fingertips.

The only magazine I read somewhat regularly is Men's Health are there any others I should check out? Particularly rowing dedicated.

I usually search around the internet for new ideas. I have a few friends that I get a lot of tips from too that are experienced rowers. So I usually get quite a few tips from them also.

I try to stick to one routine that I do but I do occasionally check online for something new I could try out especially if I start to lose motivation. A lot of people even change their workouts every week just to keep things interesting, I mean the whole P90x routine involves that principle, it's not terribly good for building muscle but it's great for losing weight.

Hey there!!! Nice vids!!!

I don't use Youtube videos though, cause I have a coach. We usually do similar exercises for land training like squats, dead lifts.... but honestly though, we have a lot of variation sometimes. Once a week we have to run up this massive mountain called Mt Steel (the name is very true!!!), where our legs burn afterwards. And once we had a sumo wrestling competition (hahaha) to train our dexterity and leg muscles. :)

On water we usually have races between the crews and have several drills with different types of stroke variations, as well as fun stuff like closing your eyes and see if you keep in time with the rest of the crew! (I suck at this). I guess you just do whatever suits your needs, and make sure you keep it fun!

The internet is a great resource for researching and exploring new training ideas. I also read books on rowing at the library to find out what the champions did to reach their level, reading books like this inspires me.

I would find message forums to get my training advice. Facebook and other social networks are too overall in terms of subjects and niches. A message forum that focuses on the subject or niche can help you a lot more IMO. If I get into this rowing thing, I see myself coming here for tips and help since its the first rowing forum I have created an account on. :)

Well I do do my fair amount of searches. I do consider myself pretty lucky because I had a friend who was really into rowing so he shared a couple of things that he did. It was mostly upper body, but now that I think about there were a lot of squats too, which I really do not enjoy too much. Little things like using different hand position to trigger certain muscles, though, really go a long way, so I would look for things like that. Thanks for sharing.