Training on Empty

I have done other fitness activities on an empty stomach. It resulted in me dry heaving after one point. I personally do not recommend it based on experience. Starving yourself is not how you lose weight...

I have a suggestion, try using the supplement DIM while training. It really is amazing, I have been taking it or over a year now and can see so many improvements from feeling well, to how my skin looks and feels younger! The main reason for taking it while training is that DIM maximizes the benefit from any workout, getting the most out of even a short training session.

I don't think it's a good idea. I think there are way more productive ways to lose weight and increase your performance. You have to improve your diet, but not eating is arguable worse for you than eating unhealthy foods. Neither is a smart idea. Eat a proper diet before you work out. You'll be much healthier in the long run.

I did it once, but got hungry so had to go and eat something which would keep the body energized and the stomach would have some food in it and not disturb me when training. It is easy to think starving or missing a meal may help lose weight, but when you do eat after being real hungry may eat more than you need to and easily turn to unhealthy food to satisfy the body which would not be good if you are training. I reckon, that having something to eat before training is good, as it can help you out and also need to have a good diet and a mix of different foods so the body will be healthy as well.

Well this is not the first time I heard of this, and it is also not the first time I have known that there is no way I could do it. Although, now that I think about, I suppose if it was something I was really determined to do, it would probably get easier with time, and as long as I knew I had food to eat afterwards it might okay. It makes sense, and I am proud of all of those that can do it, and maybe someday I will make that plunge. Thanks for sharing.

I have done other fitness activities on an empty stomach. It resulted in me dry heaving after one point. I personally do not recommend it based on experience. Starving yourself is not how you lose weight...
...Well, I came across some research that suggests *IF YOUR GOAL IS WEIGHT LOSS* (as opposed to fitness), you should eat *AFTER* training if you are male and *BEFORE* training if you are female. That is, simply shifting mealtimes rather than starving or skipping meals completely. There ws no reason given, just that they monitored and surveyed amateur athletes and that was the result.

Whenever I've looked at weight loss studies in detail, the gains in loss are always utterly marginal. As in say "the average loss was 1kg but for those who ate after they trained the loss was 1.02kg. In my book, as long as you consume less than you use, overall, and measured over weeks/months, rather than days/hours - you'll lose weight. You might even get weird sh*t happening: like after a few weeks of nothing happening, you lose heart and go on a bit of a burger and chocolate spree for a few weeks, and that's the point at which you start losing weight! It doesn't mean you can carry on like that forever, there comes a point where it reverses. As long as, over say 4+ months, you go to bed at night with a slight calorie deficit - you'll lose weight.

In my experience (using the ergo as the measuring device) you need to lose double what the exercise machine tells you you've lost. So a 2000 calorie workout on the ergo, equates to a 1,000 calorie workout in reality.

I haven't done rowing on a empty stomach but I have done other activities and it doesn't affect you when you start, but you do feel your energy levels drop much quicker then it you had something light to boost your energy before you started.