Video - Rowing in choppy water

SailorDon

This is a short video I made of me rowing in choppy water.

The choppy water knocks 1/2 mph off my average speed.

Good job! I tend to avoid too much choppy water as it has gotten me quite sick at some point. Also, I need to learn more rowing techniques to be able to survive in that. I need to exercise and practise more.

I bet you got a lot of water in the boat?! I saw a couple once in a small boat on choppy water that were panicing. Me and my boyfriend at the time stood on the shore and helped them out of their boat and took them back to their car. I don't know what they did with the boat.

On a day like that, maybe 2 or 3 gallons of water comes over the side during a 4 or 5 mile row.
Just like canoes and kayaks, a lot depends on how you handle your boat in choppy water.
Here is another video of rowing in waves.

It looks like you know what your doing! I haven't started rowing yet, but am checking into it since I live in a great area for it! I live near Lake Guntersville in Alabama> It is truely beautiful here and we love it.

It was pretty choppy out past the protection of the land! Looks like you did quite well even so. I was beginning to wonder if you were going to capsize by the way you decribed the video,lol! So glad you didn't!