What kind of boat should we start with?

Viktor

Hi,

I'm 18 and at my last year in Swedens equivalent to high school. Together with a friend I am thinking about setting up a rowing team for the school. We will have to fund raise enough money to buy a good boat to start with, but the circumstances around here are pretty good so I believe that to be no problem.

One question we have is what boat we should start with. Is a sweeping 4 with cox a good alternative? What factors do we have to take into account and what would you go for? Were can we find used ones, to get the price down?

I appreciate all thoughts so just write what you think!
Best Regards,
Viktor Charpentier

I personally don't enjoy single-oar rowing but that's my personal preference. You would need to be sure it is what you all want because sweeping is not suitable for everyone. Do you all have experience with sweeping?

My advice would be to take your time and shop around. Don't rush into a purchase.

Hi,

We will have to fund raise enough money to buy a good boat to start with, but the circumstances around here are pretty good so I believe that to be no problem.

Best Regards,
Viktor Charpentier
If you want to start with this, then it is maybe an idea to raise money with kickstarter.com or similar website. Just an idea.

If you want to start with this, then it is maybe an idea to raise money with kickstarter.com or similar website. Just an idea.

No problem. Well, you will be looking at spending a lot of money if you are buying a new trailer. My friend recently bought a trailer for 1400 dollars and that was quite cheap compared to some of the other trailers on the market. What is your budget?