What's The Farthest Distance You've Rowed In A Canoe?

writer811

I love to go canoeing but due to limited space I never row more than ten or so miles. What's the farthest distance you've rowed in a canoe?

We hired a canoe for the Norfolk Broads a few years ago. We were canoeing for 8 hours a day at a gentle pace. I'm not sure about the distance, suffice to say we were knackered by the end of the day. I really enjoyed it, we are planning to do it again this summer.

Makes me think I am missing out on something. I wish I had had the opportunity to row down some river for hours on end like you all.

Makes me think I am missing out on something. I wish I had had the opportunity to row down some river for hours on end like you all.
Me too. It doesn't me very long to row the ten miles. I would love to go somewhere where I can just row for hours on end. If I had to pay attention because I was in danger of getting lost in the dark eventually, that would be an amazing experience.

Me too. It doesn't me very long to row the ten miles. I would love to go somewhere where I can just row for hours on end. If I had to pay attention because I was in danger of getting lost in the dark eventually, that would be an amazing experience.

Rowing with seemingly unlimited space is much better than rowing within the confines of a restricted space, it just isn't the same when your space is restricted. Have you ever considered rowing in the sea/ocean?

When I was on a holiday in Norway we rented a kayak for the weekend. We did in total that weekend about 20 miles. So about 10 miles a day.
And still remember that I loved it :-)

When I was on a holiday in Norway we rented a kayak for the weekend. We did in total that weekend about 20 miles. So about 10 miles a day.
And still remember that I loved it :)

Norway is a great country for outdoor activity. In the winter you can ski and snowboard, in the summer you can go camping and kayaking etc. The nature beauty of Norway is awe-inspiring. Where in Norwary did you go?

I agree, it is a great place to be there. I have never been in Norway in the winter. Only in the summer. I have been in a place called Fredrikstad, but have been in many other places as well. Spend about 10 summers in Sweden, and from there we went to Norway a lot. So have seen many places in that area.

I agree, it is a great place to be there. I have never been in Norway in the winter. Only in the summer. I have been in a place called Fredrikstad, but have been in many other places as well. Spend about 10 summers in Sweden, and from there we went to Norway a lot. So have seen many places in that area.

Nice. I've been during the winter for skiing, we went during Christmas when I was a kid. We went on Santa's sleigh, pulled by real reindeers. We traveled through the woods and Santa gave us a hot drink to share. It was a magical experience for a kid. It was very cold, though, below minus 20 on some days.

So you did go there only as a kid, or did you go also as an adult? I have been many times there as an adult. And I really like Norway. I almost was moving there ... but we canceled it for personal reasons ....

So you did go there only as a kid, or did you go also as an adult? I have been many times there as an adult. And I really like Norway. I almost was moving there ... but we canceled it for personal reasons ....

I first went when I was a kid, that's when we went skiing and on Santa's sleigh. I have been a few times since then, once during the summer and once during Autumn. I stayed with a Norwegian girl friend, I'd like to go again but she hasn't invited me, haha.