What's Your Training Regimen?

running will do little to prepare your body for the completely different motion of rowing. Running will improve your aerobic capacity (ability to turn oxygen into energy) which is important but rowing also requires a constant exertion of muscles in the back, arms and legs. High reps 10-12 will help as far as weights training goes but nothing will prepare you better than jumping on a rowing machines and going for a few km's a every day or two.

What would be better for me?

Doing 2000 metres on the easiest resistance

or

Doing 1000 metres on a harder resistance?

The difference between easy and hard isn't enough to justify this. Why not just do 2km on medium instead of asking a terrible question.

I usually try to get in 45 minutes 3 times during week days on my rowing machine. Then on the weekends, I try to fit in at least an hour at the lake.

The difference between easy and hard isn't enough to justify this. Why not just do 2km on medium instead of asking a terrible question.

Was it really that bad a question? I was basically saying is it better to row for a long time on an easier resistance or a shorter time on a harder resistance?

It's not a bad question. Depends on what you are aiming for.

If you want muscle mass and strength then go for short and hard, if you want endurance and long distance training then long and easy (but not that easy!!!).

It's not a bad question. Depends on what you are aiming for.

If you want muscle mass and strength then go for short and hard, if you want endurance and long distance training then long and easy (but not that easy!!!).

Short and Hard it is for me then now :) Thanks for the answer nameless :) Is appreciated!

I am squatting 3 x a week and I do basic compound exercises like pull ups, press ups, and dips. I like doing these exercises because they are functional and apply to the real-world.