When you go for a row, how far do you go?

SailorDon

I'm not a marathon rower. I'm not training for the Blackburn Challenge. I'm not going to row across the ocean. I row because I enjoy rowing and it is good exercise.

Typically when I go for a row, it is anywhere from 2 to 5 miles. Anything less than 2 miles hardly makes it worth the effort of getting out in the boat.

A few days ago I did my personal best of 10 miles. I made a short (1 minute long) video to document the adventure and called it Rowing to Kickapoo Bridge and Beyond.

I just got started into to rowing as my work out routine was coming a bit repetitive so I wanted to add something new to the mix to keep things fresh. When I go rowing I average a couple of miles. I only do this once or twice a week on the weekends, but I would definitely like to do it more as I get better at it and more used to the proper rowing technique.

Well I have been rowing for a couple of years now, so I can go a bit longer than the average rower. I usually go out for a couple hours at a time and it usually comes to a couple kilometres total.