Who taught you to row?

shaun

I have been rowing from an early age. My dad has been an avid rower throughout his life and he is the reason I am rowing today, if it wasn't for him I would probably have never started.

My dad taught me how to row at around 7 years old. Who taught you and how old were you?

I wish my family members were into rowing, I would have learned it much earlier. I started when I was almost 18 because I thought rowing and kayaking were great physical activities. I learned it from a professional trainer who had 20 years of rowing experience. I wish that when I have kids, they'd be interested in rowing and I can teach them from an early age.

I wish my family members were into rowing, I would have learned it much earlier. I started when I was almost 18 because I thought rowing and kayaking were great physical activities. I learned it from a professional trainer who had 20 years of rowing experience. I wish that when I have kids, they'd be interested in rowing and I can teach them from an early age.

I managed to convince my step-dad to start rowing a few years ago. He's not as fit or skilled as my real dad but we can still go rowing together. I prefer rowing with my real dad because we can test each other but he lives far away.

Children are usually curious about their parents' hobbies, I'm sure they will be :).

I was self taught all by myself. I learned about rowing on line, and just looked at a few tutorials. The rest I learned on my own and picked everything up naturally. If I had taken lessons, I might be a little better, but for now I row pretty good.