Why rowing is the best sport ever!!!

nameless

Well. I am a big fan of rowing. And I know that many people don't know much about it, so I will post some why rowing is the best sport ever.

1. It requires team work: if one member does not turn up one morning (for quads), then you let the whole team down!!! That is why rowing teams are so close together because they support each other.

2. You can see beautiful views on the water, especially if you row in the morning and wait for the sunrise.

3. Most rowers do more than any other people before 8am, because they wake up a 4 to get to the river at 5.

4. You can touch jellyfish! Or maybe its just in my case. When I row there are jellyfish (harmless) in the water and I get to pick it up and throw it.

5. When you win, it is team work and you know you have worked hard for it!!! And you know that it is worth it and you will do it again.

Please post your comments on why you think rowing is the best sport below!!!

I am really excited to start running, and I didn't even think about doing it while vacationing, as you mentioned with seeing jellyfish. I live in northern Ohio and there are plenty of rivers to row around, and I am so excited to start. I don't think that I want to do any type of team rowing, however do you think that this would be a good bonding experience for my husband and myself?

Definitely. Rowing is mainly a team sport, and you do bond with whoever you are in the same boat in, because you have to time your strokes with the people in front of you. When I first started, I didn't know anyone that was in the rowing team, but because we rowed together, we are now best friends in a close-knitted group.

Rowing played a big role in helping me make some new friends, and it is definitely worth it. It changed my life, and I think it can change yours.

Rowing is good if you like working as part of a team, some people prefer more introverted sports like golf, I don't think they would enjoy a team sport like rowing. Rowing is one of the best cardiovascular workouts you can have. I remember when I first started rowing seriously, my body would ache with DOMS for days after but I loved it!

In England we have the famous boat race between Oxford and Cambridge. It is one of our great, historical, sporting events and it is a significant event in the sporting calender in England. Millions watched on the television and thousands line up around the river banks to witness this great sporting tradition.

That's similar to China, where they have the Dragon Boat races every year and ten thousands of people watch it live and on their TV. It's not the same as rowing, however, and it is more similar to canoeing, because instead of using the legs they use the arms to push them through water. :)

Well. I am a big fan of rowing. And I know that many people don't know much about it, so I will post some why rowing is the best sport ever.

1. It requires team work: if one member does not turn up one morning (for quads), then you let the whole team down!!! That is why rowing teams are so close together because they support each other.

2. You can see beautiful views on the water, especially if you row in the morning and wait for the sunrise.

3. Most rowers do more than any other people before 8am, because they wake up a 4 to get to the river at 5.

4. You can touch jellyfish! Or maybe its just in my case. When I row there are jellyfish (harmless) in the water and I get to pick it up and throw it.

5. When you win, it is team work and you know you have worked hard for it!!! And you know that it is worth it and you will do it again.

Please post your comments on why you think rowing is the best sport below!!!
This one's amazing! I so agree. I am not a sporty person but when a friend invited me to join his team for a rowing experience, I was amazed. Indeed, there is discipline, team work and harmony in this sport.

I'm glad you were amazed. I mean, I was amazed myself the first time I tried. The water was amazing, the wind was so nice...

You know how people say:
"The view was soooo amaziiingggg....." - with that look on their face?

I used to be like: huh? I don't get you!!!!
But since I started rowing, I know what it is like 100%!!! :P

I definately agree, I started rowing a few years back and I'm so glad I started. Incredible workout and by far the best overall cardio and muscle workout you can do, although personally I'm not a huge fan of watching rowing I definately partake in it personally.

I can agree that rowing is one of the better sports out there. Teamwork is a major part of it and I had to learn that the hard way, haha. Nonetheless I think everyone should at least try it and I can almost guarantee that half will love it and want to do it again.

Agreed that it's one of the best sports out there. Some benefits are that it's something that I can do with my friends and get to enjoy the beautiful water.

I definately agree, I started rowing a few years back and I'm so glad I started. Incredible workout and by far the best overall cardio and muscle workout you can do, although personally I'm not a huge fan of watching rowing I definately partake in it personally.

Yeah, watching rowing can be rather boring. I was watching the Beijing Olympics and the rowing didn't seem as spectacular as the swimming. BUT that is why you should start because you get to experience it instead of just watching it on TV. ;)

Trust me, doing it is 1000x better than watching it.