Blisters While Rowing

I never had that problem though. I don't know. It may be because of the material of the gloves...

Maybe... or maybe it's just that I sweat a lot. I'm the type of person that sweats everywhere, even in my socks (though my feet doesn't feel wet), so I guess it depends more on the person than the material. Or maybe you just have really good gloves that keeps it cool and dry inside - I would like those!!! I sweat in my mittens in winter as well.

Blisters and the formation of calluses is a bane of rowing regularly. There is nothing much you can do about it, if you row you will develop calluses.

I wouldn't use Vaseline, it is a by-product of petrol, do you really want to be rubbing petrol into your skin?

I'm a newbie when it comes to rowing and so I never considered that blisters could be a side effect. I might have to invest in some special gloves that breathe well. Perhaps my cycling gloves could work?

You can buy rowing gloves for around 10 dollars, you don't need the more expensive gloves. I have used both expensive and cheap rowing gloves - I actually preferred the cheaper gloves because they had less padding. Too much padding can take away your 'feel' with the oars.

Anything that involves pressure being applied to hands and pulling and tugging at the same time cause blisters. But wearing a pair of gloves can keepp your hands safe. I think it's pretty unanimous.:)

You should really protect your hands with something. I wear these special kind of gloves, I don't know what they're called but they are really good at letting you grip things while protecting your hands at the same time. I'm sure a quick google search or two of those characteristics will find some results.

Another option you could try is chalk. It may sound odd but chalk will assist your grip and help prevent callus and blister formation. I purchased a ball of chalk on Ebay for 5 dollars last year and I still have plenty left. I prefer using chalk because I like to feel the oars on my hands.