Newbies Post Here

I didn't see an introduction thread so I decided to create one of my own.
So about me:
Have gone rowing exactly twice.
Avid hiker.
Avid beachgoer.
Gym rat.
And thats about it.

Anything else you want to know just ask. :)

Hi! Newbie here. I tried rowing once and a friend has been convincing me to join a regular rowing team. I am thrilled! I am not a sporty person but rowing is like a total body workout. All muscles are working! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Rowville, what kind of exercise do you do in the gym, does it tie in with your rowing or is it seperate from that?

I have never been rowing if it wasn't in a gym, but hopefully that will change now that I have moved to Boston. Outside of wanting to get into rowing, I play golf, basketball and go to the gym. Look forward to learning more about rowing here on the forum.

I have never been rowing if it wasn't in a gym, but hopefully that will change now that I have moved to Boston. Outside of wanting to get into rowing, I play golf, basketball and go to the gym. Look forward to learning more about rowing here on the forum.
You will not regret it, rowing is a greatly rewarding exercise for fitness and for fun. Once you start on the water you will soon become fixed.

Hey, this is an excellent idea for a thread!!! Kudos to Rowville. :)

I hope that all of you will enjoy your time here, because I am an avid rower... I live the life, I breathe the air, and every time my heart beats it says "rowing".
(Ok, maybe that was a slight exaggeration, but it isn't far from the truth!!!)

If you can afford to or every manage to try rowing once (on water!!!) I guarantee that you will love it!!! :)

Good idea - My name is Mark from the UK - Im going to be using my rowing machine as part of my fitness regime to get in shape starting properly March 1st :)

Faizal

New to the site but I've been rowing for a good 6 months. Originally it was my friends idea as a source of recreation but now I want to row competitively and compete against others.

Hey I'm new to the site, It has some really good features. I row for health and well-being rather than competition and have been enjoying it immensely since I began.

dbras

Newbie here as well. I've only gone rowing once, but have been in to sports my whole life, and in the gym the last 3 years. Can't wait to get rowing more and more, love it!

New here too. I've been rowing about half a dozen times but I do a lot of rowing on my rowing machine that I've got at home. I'm also very active and try to remain fit and as healthy as possible by rowing regularly, about 5 times a week, and also lifting weights. I also enjoy to play many others sports such as basketball and the odd game of tennis.

Hi guys. I'm a newbie but I'm really interested into getting into rowing. I've only done it twice with a few college friends but I can honestly say that I had a good time. I love how if everyone isn't working together and isn't on the same rhythm, you can tell because you won't move at all, haha.

Hi, I've never rowed before but I do try to stay pretty active. I lift weights 5 days a week and also do cardio 5 days a week.

Hi, my name is JD. I'm not an avid rower, but I've used an erg before. It was one of the toughest workouts I've ever had in my life. I have mad respect for people who think using those is fun :p

Another newbie here,

Years ago, I used a rowing machine at the YMCA. I really loved it. Now, I having a hard time finding a gym with a rowing machine. Actually, I wouldn't mind owing one.