Question from a beginner. What to buy?

Hello all,

I was always planning to buy myself a Kayak. Like to be on the water, but it was always pretty expensive in Europe, where I am original from.
Now I found with Academy these Kayak for only $149.99 (See here)

10109239.jpg

Would this be a good beginners Kayak, and can a person from 6.4" 254 pounds use it ?
Hope I get some good answers ...
Thanks

Are there any other people here that can recommend me some boat like above but then up to a weight for about 260 pounds. I seem to have a problem of finding them in my area (Texas) and I want to take one with me when I move back to Germany. Let me know ...

Good entry level kayak but you are too heavy for it. I think you should look for a kayak rated at around 300 pounds, considering you are 6'5 and weight just over 250 pounds. You will have to pay more for a bigger and stronger boat.

What sort of paddling will you be doing?

I did understand that part already from Bryce12, now I only looking for a good kayak that can hold my weight. And I am not overweight, but just big and tall. So there must be kayaks that can support my weight ? Or not. Please give some brands, links. Thanks

There are plenty of options for you. Pungo are a good brand, their kayaks are made in USA and top quality. Pungo 140 has a weight capacity of 350 pounds and a nice wide cockpit for the larger individual. The Camden 120 is another good option.