What's Your Favorite Rowing Machine?

After thinking about it for a long time I bought a Concept 2 rower (Model E). It wasn't cheap but I'm satisfied with the quality and the software.

I use a York - Nexus air rower, It's no Concept 2 but it was cheap and gets the job done. In my case where I'm only beginning, this works perfectly as a start-up to get the needed level of stamina for river..

I use a York - Nexus air rower, It's no Concept 2 but it was cheap and gets the job done. In my case where I'm only beginning, this works perfectly as a start-up to get the needed level of stamina for river..
I used that machine in a gym I used to go to. Nice to look at, but for some reason it just wasn't confortable for me. How does it feel to you in terms of comfort for long training sessions? I've found the stamina 1205 to be more comfortable for me despite being more basic.

I used that machine in a gym I used to go to. Nice to look at, but for some reason it just wasn't confortable for me. How does it feel to you in terms of comfort for long training sessions? I've found the stamina 1205 to be more comfortable for me despite being more basic.

The huge problem I noticed was the bad string attachment on your feet! Those straps are really loose overall and you can't pevent your feet from moving when you work-out, this causes discomfort and causes small injuries on the long run!

To deal with that I swapped the straps for a regular thin rope, when I go perform some workout I tie my feet to the rope in a very tight way and can workout perfectly! ;)

Personally my favorite is the sunny health and fitness rowing machine -SF-RW1005!!! I bought it a while ago, it wasn't that expensive (150 dollars or so) but I just love it :p

Does anyone use the machine that has a water resistance? I like the sound of that one because then I feel like I'm on the water.

I use a concept 2 at the gym but they also had a water rower for a while but it just did not compare to the concept 2.

the concept is more comfortable, has better drag options and provides more details and stats about your row. The water rower was more sturdy and in a gym setting would have held heavier members easily. I don't know what the brand of the water erg was and it was a little old but that was my experience from using both types.

I've never used a rowing machine, so this information is really interesting to me. I can't afford to buy my own, but I will be looking at the models they have at our local gyms. I'm going to try to pick a gym with a decent rowing machine for the spring.