What's Your Favorite Rowing Machine?

I would recommend investing in the best rower you can afford. I have bought cheap rowers in the past and I they needed replacing within a year. I recently purchased the Horizon Oxford 4 Air Rower. It is fairly expensive but worth every penny, much better than the cheap rowers I previously owned.

I am looking into buying a rowing machine for home and was thinking of a Tunturi R60. Has anyone used one of these

A friend of mine owns the Tunturi R60 and I can vouch for its quality having used it many times. It is good if you have limited space because the design is compact and it can be stored in a vertical position. Definitely a solid piece of kit.

How much are you paying for it?

I have used Reebok, Kettler and Stamina models at different gyms and I have to say that Reebok and Kettler are far better than Stamina models. I have nothing against the Stamina machine; it's just that my workouts felt a bit incomplete on that machine. I am planning to buy one for home use pretty soon, I'll probably go with Reebok.

A friend of mine owns the Tunturi R60 and I can vouch for its quality having used it many times. It is good if you have limited space because the design is compact and it can be stored in a vertical position. Definitely a solid piece of kit.

How much are you paying for it?
Im looking at about £250 to £300 second hand. Seen a couple but too far away for pickup. In the meantime i got the R25 off ebay for £100 as a see me over based on good reviews. It is rubbish. In the forward position the seat does not go far enough forward. Cable out let too low and forward so no arm stretch. So back on ebay

I have used Reebok, Kettler and Stamina models at different gyms and I have to say that Reebok and Kettler are far better than Stamina models. I have nothing against the Stamina machine; it's just that my workouts felt a bit incomplete on that machine. I am planning to buy one for home use pretty soon, I'll probably go with Reebok.
Hi what model is the Reebok

Im looking at about £250 to £300 second hand. Seen a couple but too far away for pickup. In the meantime i got the R25 off ebay for £100 as a see me over based on good reviews. It is rubbish. In the forward position the seat does not go far enough forward. Cable out let too low and forward so no arm stretch. So back on ebay

Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than £300 second hand. Maybe you should wait for the sales and buy a new one. There should be 50% sales in January, I'm waiting until then for my big purchases.

You need to be wary of reviews, many of the reviews are paid for.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay more than £300 second hand. Maybe you should wait for the sales and buy a new one. There should be 50% sales in January, I'm waiting until then for my big purchases.

You need to be wary of reviews, many of the reviews are paid for.
Im still comparing any rowers with the concept which i love ( not used a water one ) May just find money and get one. Prorow sounds good anyone used it and i do like the pace boat on pm3/4

I would definitely recommend the Concept 2. I have owned a number of rowing machines over years and the Concept 2 is the best rower I have owned. It is expensive but you ultimately get what you pay for when it comes to rowing machines.

Yeah, it is recognised as the best rower you can buyer. However, there are few rowers which can compete with the Concept 2. WaterRower is one, I've never used the WaterRower but I've heard it is a great rower, on par with Concept 2.

The Concept2 Model D is still a favorite of mine. Under a grand, professional grade, durable and easy to maintain. I've had mine for a while now and it's good as new. There are definitely lower priced options but I think if you're looking for a quality machine it's worth spending a little extra at the start.

I started with an inexpensive one, stamina trac-glider, just to be sure I get in the habit I hope to of using it every day. If I can do that, I'll probably upgrade to something more robust.

I started with an inexpensive one, stamina trac-glider, just to be sure I get in the habit I hope to of using it every day. If I can do that, I'll probably upgrade to something more robust.
I have always used concept 2 in gyms. then had a cheap ones at home which didnt compare so i got a second hand concept off ebay for £700 with very little use and have never look back

Any comparisons between water and air rowers out there?
I rowed concept 2 for out of water training in college.

A friend of mine picked up a water rower. After 3 strokes, i was impressed. it was different. i actually would say soothing. I bought one used off craigslist. Once I have many more meters under my belt, I'll do another comparison write up. (Obviously any rowing is amazing the first 3 strokes, then midst your third 1000m sprint you hate most everything.) so stay tuned. maybe around christmas?