What's Your Training Regimen?

beingwell

Like any sport, rowing requires time to master and endure. Although a team sport, each rower needs to practice to develop strength and right timing.

My brother tried rowing before. That's 30-60 minutes, twice a week to build up muscles. How about you, how do you train?

Like any sport, rowing requires time to master and endure. Although a team sport, each rower needs to practice to develop strength and right timing.

My brother tried rowing before. That's 30-60 minutes, twice a week to build up muscles. How about you, how do you train?
Before I developed an interest in rowing, I already trained regularly in a gym, so I just kept doing that to keep fit and develop muscle. Once I started to become interested in rowing, I started using rowing machines more in my gym training and at home.

In terms of technique development, I've recently begun training with a few friends to develop our technique and timing.

It's a good idea to be consistent whether you are rowing on the water or with a rowing machine. Set aside the same time of day to work out. I work out 4 days a week. I do a steady state row for 30 -60 minutes twice a week and I do interval training twice a week.

I don't have access to water so I row on an erg. I will do erg training 2-3 times per week as part of training for my primary sport, Usually I will either row a 2000m or do 500m intervals.

yes, I set my drag at maximum, anything less just doesn't feel right, as a competitive powerlifter I need to feel the high resistance although I notice that most people at the gym don't touch the resistance settings.

I was at a friend's lodge one time and I actually saw a rowing machine that he had that he used to train. His machine actually led to me purchasing one of my own rowing machines. Also, it's good to strengthen your quadriceps, shoulders, back, abdominals and arms since rowing requires those parts of your body to be strong and fit.

I have an old crappy rowing machine so cant really do much as yet - but Ive started rowing for 10 mins a day just to try and get my basic fitness improving.

I've also used the machine primarily for fitness, although I do hope to increase muscle mass and get a proper program specifically developed for training leg muscles.

I don't have access to water so I row on an erg. I will do erg training 2-3 times per week as part of training for my primary sport, Usually I will either row a 2000m or do 500m intervals.

How long does it take you to row 2000m? On a scale of 1-10 1 being the worst how good a rower would you say you are?

I row on my indoor machine 4000m a day, every day.

I also run 5kms most weekdays.

I find these 2 things combined really help my cardio and overall endurance! :)

Generally I train 2-3km a day on an ergo prior to a gym session. It acts as a great warmup and also helps to increase my fitness greatly.

I generally train with my rowing machine 4 to 5 times a week and go at it for at least 30 minutes. I use medium resistance but I also combine my rowing workout with weight lifting as that greatly helps with strength especially making my legs a lot stronger through squatting. I also run on the treadmill a couple of times a week but I generally tend to use my rowing machine for most of my cardio as I feel it's a better cardio workout.