www.tokoupi.gr ....Rowing in greece

Nice one! Guess it would perfect to try rowing there. Hmm, how about that for my next rowing with friends. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Rowing in Greece consists moslty club athlets, who are rowing for national and international games.
There are few rowers in Greece that row for leisure.
The main "rowing" cities in Greece are Ioannina and Kastoria. Two cities with beautiful lakes.
Kastoria

Ioannina

Another place where rowing flourishes is in Loudias river

Big Rowing Clubs with history exists also on Volos, Thessaloniki and Athens/Pereus where athletes row mostly in sea.

At Athens exists the only clear rowing venue in Greece the Olympic Rowing Facilities at Schinias

For more details, most of the Greek Rowing Venues can be seen on
ToKoupi.gr

Sorry for any inconvinience, this section of the page is not completed.
I am working these days to update any information for all International and Greek rowing venues.

Thank you for your interest.
www.tokoupi.gr

Sorry for the delayed answer.

Rowing in Greece consists moslty club athlets, who are rowing for national and international games.
There are few rowers in Greece that row for leisure.
The main "rowing" cities in Greece are Ioannina and Kastoria. Two cities with beautiful lakes.
Kastoria

Ioannina

Another place where rowing flourishes is in Loudias river

Big Rowing Clubs with history exists also on Volos, Thessaloniki and Athens/Pereus where athletes row mostly in sea.

At Athens exists the only clear rowing venue in Greece the Olympic Rowing Facilities at Schinias

For more details, most of the Greek Rowing Venues can be seen on
ToKoupi.gr

Sorry for any inconvinience, this section of the page is not completed.
I am working these days to update any information for all International and Greek rowing venues.

Thank you for your interest.
www.tokoupi.gr
Thanks for sharing that information. I'll check out the links you've provided!

I'm glad you mentioned Norway. Norway is one of my favourite countries to travel for outdoor adventure. Give me a below freezing glacier over a sunny beach any day! I've always wanted to go on a rowing trip in Norway, the scenery is stunning.

If you like Norway, then you should also visit Sweden, because it is near bye and beautiful in the summer.

i would like to visit Sweden but it is very expensive. Norway is the cheaper option for us poor people. A friend of mine visited Sweden a few years ago and he spent a fortune. Even the basics like food are very expensive.

Have you been?

Yes, have been there in the summer for about 8 or 9 times, and I do not think it is that expensive. Just buy local product and you will see it is cheaper.
And another idea is buying product directly from the local people there. (Even on vacation it can save you a lot of money)

I feel sorry for the people of Greece who are facing such dire economic conditions. I know the topic is about rowing in Greece but when you have so many worries in life, rowing would be the furthest thing from your mind. On a positive note, it's great to see that Greece has such a mature rowing culture.

I feel sorry for the people of Greece who are facing such dire economic conditions. I know the topic is about rowing in Greece but when you have so many worries in life, rowing would be the furthest thing from your mind. On a positive note, it's great to see that Greece has such a mature rowing culture.

I imagine rowing would be an escape from the economic problems and you can row for free so it's an activity you can still enjoy with no limited disposable income. The Greek people are strong willed, they do not let the economic problems stop them from having fun.